1/5 Full or 4/5 Empty?

Several years ago, there were a number of post on the bulletin boards I frequent about doing 101 things in 1000 days (http://www.dayzeroproject.com/). I made my list and my 1000 days are up today. I accomplished 21 things from the list, including completing a 10-project challenge and a 25-project challenge. Sadly, my goal of calling my mother weekly was also finished as she passed away from complications of Alzheimer's about nine months after I started my list.

And although I thought I had completed the goal of teaching my second son how to do laundry before he went away to college, I found that I had to revisit it when I mentioned something over semester break about washing his sheets and towels. His response was "You have to wash towels? I thought since they were wet after my shower I didn't have to wash them". Eeewww! (And just how did he think those fresh towels got in the linen closet when he used them for the entire 18 years he lived at home???)

Even though I only reached a few of my goals, I think 20% is better than nothing. Tomorrow, I'll start on a new list and update my progress monthly. You can take a look here.

Comments

  1. How neat...glad you were able to complete some of them. Lists are always hard, specially longterm lists. As for your college bound son, I am thinking it isn't just that they are pampered at home, but males have more trouble seeing what is in front of them!

    I have enjoyed reading your blog!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sad for your Mom. It must have been hard for you. I feel for you.
    I am glad though, that you achieved some of your goals.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

For the Good Times

WIP Wednesday

Happy Birthday, Winter Baby