Friday Finish


For at least the past two years, the duClay EGA chapter has hosted a stitch-a-long based on a designer.  Members are free to stitch any design by the designer and it's fun to see what projects everyone is working on.  This year, the chosen designer was Plum Street Samplers.  I had *several* charts to chose from, but decided on Rubie Owl's Sampler.  I used DMC threads on a 36 count linen from my stash and finished it yesterday.  I love the autumn colors and that little owl sitting on top of the tree.  In the spirit of full disclosure, I have to say that stitching those leaves drove me a bit crazy.  I ended up making a working copy of the chart and marking each leaf off as it was stitched since I found it easy to lose track of where I was.

I'd love to know what's been keeping you busy!

Comments

  1. Congratulations on your finish! It looks super; I love the rich autumn colors. Will you pick another Plum Street design to work on? Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful finish! I was working on my PSS SAL piece - Heritage Sampler - but then I switched over to do a block on Autumn of Hawk Run Hollow. I also have put a few stitching in Lady's Worke Box which is the class where we met! I love that project and realized the finishing is definitely within my current skillset.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LivL your finish. Paulette's designs are such a pleasure to stitch.. I have been busy model stitching and dealing with back to back nor'easter storms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! Sadly, I haven't stitched in a good while. I fall in love with various pieces, but stitching hasn't happened in a while. Just knitting for me for now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous finish, congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice. I always make a working copy of my pattern. I am so rough on the pattern it ends up dog eared and rumbled and well, just a mess. I like the idea of the 'any pattern' from a designer stitch-a-long. I bet it is really fun to see the variety of patterns selected. I wonder if it would work to DVHSG.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

For the Good Times

WIP Wednesday

Happy Birthday, Winter Baby