This Has Been Challenging
I'm participating in year long challenges with both the duClay EGA chapter in Jacksonville, FL and my local guild, Delaware Valley Historic Sampler Guild ( dvhsg.org ). The challenges are similar since both allowed participants to choose up to a specified number of pieces to focus on during the year, and prizes may be awarded for completion. Delaware Inspiration from Heart's Ease Examplar Workes is my main focus piece this year. Here's where I was a week ago. Notice the vines and leaves on the upper right? They have been ripped out and re-stitched twice, both times because I was off by one vertical thread. The frogs have been banished from my house and this is where I was as of last night. I'm using the Belle Soie silks called for in the chart, and the colors are amazing.
Oh my goodness! Thank goodness all came out all right in the end! It is just gorgeous! Love the frame and everything! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous!!! What pattern is this? I would love to do it as well.
ReplyDeletePeggy H.
www.neverenoughstash.blogspot.com
Susan - your framed Keep Me is just exquisite - I LOVE the frame choice - SO perfect for this piece. I'm so glad the running came out when you soaked the piece - EGADS - that is an awful story with a very happy ending. Missed commenting on your Jane Longstreth post - that is one gorgeous sampler I would also like to get back to. Happy V-Day - Mel
ReplyDeleteThanks goodness disaster was averted. Your sampler looks lovely all framed up.
ReplyDeleteGreat save! A beautiful frame for a beautiful finish!
ReplyDeleteI could not agree more. I am glad all turned out well in the end.
DeleteIt;s stunning, congrats!
ReplyDeleteWhew! Thank goodness you were able to save it. Absolutely looks fantastic. Great choice on the frame. Congrats!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat framing, it looks gorgeous. Glad youwere able to rescue it.
ReplyDeleteI don't know how I missed this--it's GORGEOUS!! I love this sampler and the frame is perfect for it.
ReplyDelete