As Promised

As promised, here's a photo of the July Baubles project I worked on during our trip to LA. These are great travel projects because of their size and the repetition of the designs. I usually stitch on these while I wait for my daughter to make her way out to the car in the morning during the school year. (None of my children are "morning people.") This and the August Bauble will be finished into a double-sided cube-it. . .someday.

I'm enjoying the last few days of my summer vacation. Yesterday I put the borders on the quilt for my sister's Christmas present and this morning I sewed the backing. I also began the layout for another quilt that I'm hoping to get pieced before I go back to school.

On the non-stitching side of things, my husband was out of town last night so my daughter and I went to see The Ugly Truth. We chose it mainly because my son's college roommate is the assistant to the manager of one of the actors and I had never seen this person in a movie. I would say, don't bother. No chemistry between the main characters, and totally predictable. My daughter and I agreed that we were bored by it. We ended the evening by watching Steel Magnolias on TV which is a far superior film.

Comments

  1. Susan I enjoyed reading about your trip to LA - I have never been to Cal before - Arizona is the farthest west I have ever been. Sounds like you had a wonderful visit with your son. Your little piece is very cute and WHOOHOOO on finishing the christmas present before you head back to work - WOW - summer sure seemed to fly by didn't it. Mel

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

For the Good Times

WIP Wednesday

Happy Birthday, Winter Baby