Almost Caught Up
















Two or three years ago, I joined the Delaware Valley Historical Sampler Guild which is a fantastic group of people. We're doing Petit Sampler Etui as an SAL with a goal of doing the finishing at our meeting in January, 2010. The panel with the house gave me all kinds of problems and I had put it aside in the spring. In June, I began to panic after talking about the project with another member who reminded me about how far I was supposed to have been at that time. So I've been stitching on this very steadily since then. I continued to have problems with the house panel and I'm sure I have stitched it three times. I also had to do some "reverse stitching" on the panel with the two ladies, but the third panel seems to be the charm and I am moving right along on it. I completed the over-one lettering last night after I took the picture. The suggested guideline for the SAL is to finish the third panel by the September meeting on the 12th. I'm pretty sure I'll be caught up by then and I think I'll just keep going until all of the panels are completed. The last three have much less stitching and I'm really a one-at-a-time girl at heart. I'll keep you posted!



Comments

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous. I love it and can't wait to see it altogether.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really, really love this piece so far. I can't wait to see the finish on this one. I bought the pattern but never started it - I think I'm going to have to after seeing your progress pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will tame it. Just one stitch at a time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

For the Good Times

WIP Wednesday

Happy Birthday, Winter Baby