I purchased All the Tea in China after I visited my aunt in the spring and we went to the Celestial Seasonings Tea factory in Boulder, Colorado. The book chronicles how an English botanist smuggled tea plants out of China and made the drink available to the rest of the world.
I always enjoyed Nancy Pickard's mysteries featuring Jenny Cain who runs a philanthropic organization in New England and I was sad when that series ended. Since then Ms. Pickard has written several novels in a new series that I didn't care for and some stand alone mysteries. The Scent of Rain and Lightning is one of the stand alones and it kept me guessing until the end.
The River of Doubt is another non-fiction book, but it read like fiction. It's a fascinating account of Teddy Roosevelt's expedition down a previously uncharted river in the Amazon. I read this one by the pool on our Florida vacation and couldn't put it down.
And now it's on to the Fall Reading Challenge. Here's what I'm planning:
1. The Strength in What Remains-Tracy Kidder
2. The Shadow of the Wind-Carlos Ruiz Zafon
3. The Latehomecomer-Kao Kalia Yang
4. Petals from the Sky-Mingmei Yip
6. look me in the eye-John Elder Robison
7. Shoot the Moon-Billie Lets
8. Murder on Waverly Place-Victoria Thompson
9. To the Hilt-Dick Francis
10. The Broken Teaglass-Emily Arsenault
Time to get a cup of tea and get started!