Playing in My Stash

I'm an early riser. My alarm is set for 5:00am during the week and I find that I wake up around that time on weekends, too. (The end of daylight savings time meant that I was waking up around 4:00 which is just a tad bit early even for me.) The rest of my family likes to sleep in. So sometimes on Saturday morning, I use those early hours to play in my stash. I saw a picture on the Sister's Choice blog of a snowball quilt that would be really fun to do. Even though I won't be participating in the challenge, I immediately ordered 40 Fabulous Quick-Cut Quilts from Amazon. As a bonus, it also had the pattern for the Peppermint Twist quilt I've been lusting after ever since I saw it in a shop in Virginia last summer. The Snowball pattern in the book is from scraps, but I really want to do a red and white quilt. Then Sister's Choice had a link to show what Cupcakes & Daisies did with some of the centers of her snowballs and I just had to do that with my quilt, too. During my early morning stash dive, I found three reds and a few creams I could use and a fat quarter of a really cute fabric with candy canes and gingerbread for the centers. Darn, only three reds and not enough creams. Guess I'll have to go fabric shopping.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For the Good Times

WIP Wednesday

Happy Birthday, Winter Baby