Over the River and Through the Woods

They came by plane and by car, not to Grandmother's house, but to mine. Both my boys were home for Thanksgiving as the older one flew in from LA and the younger one got a ride home from college. And they both left again this afternoon. We've never had to say goodbye to both boys on the same day so this was tough. I miss them, although I won't miss the mountains of laundry they generated. But the semester ends for my college student on December 17 and the older one is coming back for Christmas on the 19th. Just enough time for the washing machine and dryer to rest up.

Despite all the loading and unloading of the machines, I got some quilting and stitching done this weekend. I finished all the piecing of a quilt top and just need to add borders and sew the backing before it goes off to the quilter's. When I was playing in my stash last weekend, I found enough fat quarters in the fall colors I love to do a quilt with them. I finished cutting all the pieces this weekend. And I'm about half-way done on the Winter Sampler that is to be a birthday present for my daughter in three weeks. Plus visits to two quilt shops to gather supplies for a block of the month my guild is doing and for another quilt I'm planning. I also got to listen to my daughter perform in a choir at a local tree-lighting ceremony. So a pretty good long weekend. Tomorrow, it's back to the grindstone and the mad rush to get ready for Christmas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For the Good Times

WIP Wednesday

Happy Birthday, Winter Baby