March Goals


I love lists. It's genetic--I got it from my mother. At her funeral, the minister read the passage about the virtuous wife which says that "she rises before dawn" to which I mentally added "and makes a list." My brother-in-law swears that he once saw "make list" as the first item on mom's things to do.
Anyway, I generally write down a few things I'd like to accomplish each month. For a long time, I used to do this for my needlework and then sometime last year I stopped as I realized I wasn't getting most of the things done. But with the weather improving in southeastern PA, I'm getting more energized and inspired. So here's my list of stitching related things I hope to do this month:
1. Finish stitching Petit Sampling Etui (need to finish Panel 5 and stitch Panel 6)
2. Finish Lights of Advent ornament #4
3. Finish candle ornament (canvas)
4. Assemble Fall Frolic quilt top, sew backing and cut binding
5. Finish comfort quilt for guild (needs backing and quilting)
6. Finish the Thimbleberries block of the month
Happy stitching, everyone!

Comments

  1. OK, I will trust you to edit my comment if necessary. I was typing away on a comment and it disappeared so it is either in cyberspace or will appear twice. Nonetheless, LISTS! I love keeping lists. On the days I follow a list I get so much more accomplished whether it is at work or at home. I don't know how people function without lists. Such a playful memory of your mom too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it weren't for lists, I don' know where I'd be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a real list person too. Probably a hold over from the days when I ran an office and had so many things going on that if I didn't have a list I was sunk. There's nothing better than crossing things off the list. Of course, now sometimes I can't find the list - and that poses a problem! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your goals. I have lists for everything; except stitching. For that, I just work on what's calling me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I once had a list that included list making as a task. I needed a packing list and a shopping list and a grocery list. I totally get it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

For the Good Times

WIP Wednesday

Happy Birthday, Winter Baby