OMG

I've been Kate's blog for some time and especially enjoy her posts about her OMG or One Monthly Goal.  This is hosted by Patty at Elm Street Quilts in order to encourage quilters to focus on one project that can be completed within a month.  That sounded like a great way for me to turn some UFOs into finished items, and I'm glad it's starting up again for 2017.

We did some home improvements last summer with painting and new flooring in the three bedrooms that our children had used.  Since they're all gone and not likely to be living at home again, we turned one of the rooms into my sewing room.  Wonderful, except that the furniture was placed back in the rooms an hour before I had to go to the airport to pick up my sister who came to help when I had the rotator cuff repair.  One of the craft related things I could do during the first two months after surgery was sort through my stash.  I organized all my fabrics by color and found a few forgotten projects.  One of them was this baby quilt.  It's time for it to get some borders and to be quilted and bound so that I can donate it to the Pieces of Love project at my guild. 

How are you organizing your projects for 2017?

Comments

  1. I really like this concept--I may have to borrow it for some of my long-time UFO's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to go through all the drawers, baskets and files of charts/kits/fabrics and reduce; plus organize my fabrics in a better fashion. What a darling quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I follow Kates blog but I'll check out the other one. I'm not sure I'm making goals but I AM thinking about getting back to regular creative activity. I've purchased a planner too in an effort to encourage deliberate steps on a monthly basis to get things done in all areas of my life. Who knows if it will work but I'm trying!

    I've sorted my stash by color and have it all on comic boards. It looks pretty sorted by color, doesn't it?! I'm hoping to start using it instead of just buying it! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a thoughtful project. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see you blogging again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My only goal is to make my needlepoint list shorter. I am glad I have been able to make it 2 FO's shorter. The said FO's are on their way to Temporary Pit Stop. From there one of them will travel yet some more to its' permanent home.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

For the Good Times

WIP Wednesday

Happy Birthday, Winter Baby