Lightening Up

When it rains heavily, we get some water in our basement.  Not a lot, fortunately.  It seems to come from the foundation in a corner of the laundry room and follows a predictable path along the ironing board and under my cutting table to puddle at the side of the refrigerator.  I've learned to keep my stash of fabrics and bags of projects in plastic tubs to keep everything safe.  When heavier rains are predicted as in Hurricane Irene and Tropical Storm Lee, I take the extra precaution of moving everything out of the path of the water stream.  During the past two storms it became abundantly clear to me that I have More. Than. Enough. fabric and many quilting projects in the works. 

Having so many WIPs weighs me down at times and I decided it was time to finish up one or two of them.  Here's  the first one.  This table runner was a kit I bought at a quilt show when they were still being held in Fort Washington, PA.  Ten years ago, maybe?  At the time, I wasn't a quilter, but I had a sewing machine and this looked simple enough so I made a start on it.  I didn't know anything about rotary cutting and quilting rulers so let's just say my 3.5" squares were cut a little less than accurately.  I had only had one nine patch done so I took that apart and re-cut all my squares to 3" and adjusted the width of the borders.  The quilting is stitch in the ditch and some X's across the squares.  I had another chance to practice binding and find that it is getting easier.  I'm happy to have it done and to have the WIP load a little lighter.

Comments

  1. Nice job! I am right there with you. I think 2012 will be the year of completing the 15 (or so) WIP's across all crafts! Yes, I agree, all those WIP's and projects bought with good intentions do weigh one done.
    Funny, binding is actually my favorite part. I meant to ask you if you would be going to OCMD at the end of the month...? Hope so, it is so relaxing. Have great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your finish! Good for you for knocking off a WIP. It's nice that your basement leaks in a predictable way and nothing worse ever happens. Still a pain though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your table runner is beautiful and congrats on the finish!

    sherry :0)
    itsallaboutsherry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan I've been on vacation and did not get to comment on your gorgeous Grace - OMGoodness - beautimous ! and congrats on knocking another UFO off the list - almost friday - enjoy the weekend - Mel

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

For the Good Times

WIP Wednesday

Happy Birthday, Winter Baby