WIP Wednesday

I'm chugging along on Susan Rambo and still enjoying the colors and variety of motifs.  There will be a complete squirrel on the right by the end of today and I'm hoping to add a few more border flowers by the end of the week.

Quick life update:  We celebrated our 40th (!) wedding anniversary a week and a half ago.  All three of our children and one DIL-to-be were with us for the weekend.  Their visit prompted a flurry of cleaning and straightening and soring items for them to take to their homes, but things settled down pretty quickly after they left.  My quilting projects are gifts and I don't want to show them until they have been given.  I'm currently listening to The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah and would recommend it to those who like historical fiction. 

Thanks to all those who encouraged me to keep blogging.  For now, I'll try to keep up with a WIP post every two weeks or so and see how things go from there.

Comments

  1. Your sampler looks fabulous. Happy belated anniversary wishes to you and your spouse. Glad you were able to spend time with your kids.

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Susan is looking GREAT and your stitching is beautiful! I love this sampler and just dropped mine off to be framed, this past weekend. I picked a bold, pretty contemporary frame so I hope it'll look okay. We shall see...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this chart in my stash. I really love the colors and the border.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your project is inspiring! Congratulations on 40 years, my husband and I celebrated 40 on May 24 this year... 1975 was a very good year! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was on vacation when you posted - just wanted to say how great Susan is looking - Can't wait to see you !!
    take care Mel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan looks great, love the colours too.
    Congratulations on your Ruby Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful sampler
    Happy Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am happy for your long marriage. I have no doubt you will tame that stitching project soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

For the Good Times

WIP Wednesday

Happy Birthday, Winter Baby