Retreat Part 1

I know I promised an update on all those projects I took to the retreat in Ocean City.  Progress was made, but I haven't had much time for photos or stitching.  We took another short trip up to the Berkshires in western Massachusetts to see our daughter and enjoy the fall foliage.  We hadn't seen our daughter since we moved her for her year as a creamery apprentice on a farm.  The trip didn't seem quite long enough, but she only has off one day a week.  We made the most of it by taking a trip up one of the mountains, going into Vermont to a pottery factory and an apple barn, and doing some needed shopping for her.  We also got in a visit to the Clark Art Institute which has some interesting new architecture. The foliage was gorgeous and we kept pointing out the views to each other.

At home, I stitched up this Pine Mountain pillow insert that I bought in Ocean City.  It's perfect for my son who is getting his master's degree in entomology (specifically, soybean pest management) and it's going in the mail to him later this afternoon.

Life is settling down a bit this week and next, so I'll get part two of the retreat pictures up soon.

Comments

  1. Great gift for your son! I love it! Glad you got to get away for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vermont this time of year sounds wonderful! It's always good to get some time away. Sounds like you've been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you had a fun fall trip Susan. Love the little pillow gifted to your DS. Can't wait for the rest of the retreat report. Mel

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you had such a wonderful time. That pillow looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

For the Good Times

WIP Wednesday

Happy Birthday, Winter Baby