Tuesday, January 1, 2013
A New Start
The shoulder problem is mostly resolved, thanks to physical therapy. However, I was still feeling some twinges when I was stitching. I thought that using a stand would help by changing the motion of stitching slightly and/or allowing me to keep my right arm still if I could learn to stitch with my left hand on top of the piece and my right hand under. I'm happy to say that the new stand that was under the Christmas tree for me does the trick! I'll post more on this wonderful addition to my stitching life later, but for now you cam see that I'm making some actual stitching progress! This is my start on The Scottish Band Sampler from Scarlet Letter (started on Christmas Day). Even though the start of the "B' is in the wrong place and will have to be restitched, I feel I'm moving along nicely on this piece. It's being stitched with the recommended AVAS silks and a 30-count linen that was included in the kit. The linen is a larger count than I would normally choose, but I decided to keep it because the bottom section of this sampler is stitched in the Hungarian or flame stitch. I figured I would need the large count to see where to place the stitches, as I understand it's a challenging pattern.
Happy New Year to all of my readers! May it be a year full of stitching fun and finished projects!