Rehab is Working!
And speaking of those "amazing" piecing skills--well, not so much with my Thimbleberries block of the month. The top went together like a dream. So did the first strip of half square triangles for the border. The second strip of triangles needed some adjustments in the seam to make it fit, but that was really no big deal. I got the top and bottom borders on and then looked more carefully when I started to put the side borders together. Do you notice that strip of green in the middle of the border? It was supposed to be cut 4.5 inches wide, not 2.5 inches. OK, nothing to panic about as the quilt shop put a genorous amount of fabric in the kit. After some time with my seam ripper, I re-sewed the border and found that I had attached those half square triangles upside down. So there was yet another opportunity to use the seam ripper. I finally got both the top and bottom borders reattached and put on one of the side borders. Which took forever because I am now paranoid about it not fitting correctly and about the orientation of the triangles so I was obsessively pinning, checking and re-pinning. All the while, I was muttering to myself about how I could have just put a plain border on. The reason I didn't do that was because I wanted to improve my skills. I think they're improved alright, especially the skill of using the seam ripper.
So by now, I'm completely out of love with this quilt and tempted to stash it away until it becomes a vintage UFO. But all it needs is one side border (only 66 more half square triangles!) and another plain border and then it will be ready for the quilter. My plan is to devote one hour a day to this top until it's finished. I have one week left before I start back to work and unless there is a significant amount of re-sewing, I should be able to show you next week that BOM Rehab has been successful.