WIP Wednesday

I spent some lovely time playing in my stash yesterday deciding what to take to my guild's retreat in Ocean City, Maryland this weekend.  Retreat projects have to meet certain criteria.  There can't be too many color changes or the need to check the chart constantly.  This project, Sampler Houses by Brenda Keyes, has been my work-in-progress for some time, and it is probably the most perfect project for a retreat ever.  Look at all those areas that need to be filled in with one color!   Even the houses don't require much looking at the chart.  I'm going to be working on the border of this piece tonight so that I can do more of the filling in over the weekend.  This piece is a SAL with the duClay EGA and also on my 2017 WIP Challenge list there.  Only three more houses and the rest of the border to go!



I recently acquired an Accuquilt cutter and when I saw this block on Bonnie's blog, I got the appropriate die.  I haven't purchased much fabric during the last year, and when I do, I have a specific project in mind for it.  However, I saw the blue dots and the yellow in the sale bin and thought they would make a great baby quilt.  I've already bought the backing and binding, so my One Monthly Goal for quilting is to assemble 16 of these blocks into a completed quilt.  I'm linking up with Elm Street Quilts  for October's OMG.

The weather in OCMD is supposed to be perfect this weekend.  Can't wait to sit on the porch at the Lankford Hotel stitching and looking at the ocean.  I hope all of you are looking forward to something fun this weekend.

Comments

  1. Like this blocks! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both projects! Do you find the accuquilt a worthwhile investment?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the sampler piece you are working on. What a perfect piece to work on during a retreat! I like the block you have "built". Have a fabulous time retreating in OCMD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It definitely looks like you have the perfect retreat project! It's a beautiful project too.

    I need to get that die for my Go cutter - just as soon as I find my sewing mojo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your BK SAL piece Susan ! So wonderful , I 'll have to look and see if I have that chart. I thought I had one like it called New England houses but I might be wrong. I bet you will have a divine weekend in OC MD - Wish I was there but hopefully you'll be able to come back to Sebring for our retreat in July. I enjoyed seeing that perfect star made with your Accuquilt cutter machine ! ENJOY ! Mel

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

For the Good Times

WIP Wednesday

Happy Birthday, Winter Baby