OMG-It's June!

Being away for nearly the whole month of May has made me lose track of time, and it's hard to believe that it's June already.  We don't have many plans for this month, so I'm hoping to get a lot of quilting and stitching done.  My big plan is to finish nine blocks for a Block of the Month I started in 2015.  I had some recipients in mind for the Sand and Surf quilt, but ran out of time and also realized that the gift would not be the most appropriate.  During some digging around in the quilt closet, I ran across the kits and got excited about this quilt again.  I am going to love working on the blue blocks since they seem so summery.  I'm thinking that this will be a gift to my nephew for his wedding but I may have trouble letting it go.


On the stitching front, I'm finishing the pre-stitch for the Virgin Queen box class with Betsy Morgan this weekend at Salty Yarns in Ocean City, MD.  The forecast is for the mid-high 70s with sun, so it should be a beautiful time at the beach.

I'm linking up with Elm Street Quilts for the June OMG.

Comments

  1. What lovely block kits you found in your quilt closet! I hope you have a fabulous time this weekend at the class at Salty Yarns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun you get to go to Salty Yarns again for a class ! hope you might can come for our Betsy Morgan class in 2018 ? Hope you have fun with the new quilt project and enjoy the first days of summer at home.
    mel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blocks look fun. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! The blocks are beautiful! And your class! I'm green with envy. Betsy Morgan is an amazing teacher! I took a class with her once.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those blocks will make a lovely wedding gift - can't wait to see your selection of blues.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

For the Good Times

WIP Wednesday

Happy Birthday, Winter Baby