Goodbye to 2016

And good riddance!  This year has been a challenging one and I'll be glad to see it go.  It seemed that every month brought a crisis or disappointment, and my husband and I found ourselves becoming less resilient.  The most upsetting event will likely be an ongoing issue, but I am very grateful for a wonderful friend who supported me through the worst of the drama and beyond.  There were smaller setbacks such as our refrigerator conking out one night in early December.  It's true that I like the new one better, but the timing wasn't the best.   Nor is it ever good timing for three root canals, which my husband had in November.  I'm sure you're getting the picture of what our year was like--just one thing after another. 

In fairness, 2016 wasn't all bad as we were able to travel to Cuba.  It was a trip we had dreamed of taking for several years and were happy that we had the opportunity.  In the city of Trinidad, I spotted a woman doing needlework in the outdoor market.
There were some lovely table runners and tablecloths done in drawn thread and of course, I bought a few pieces.  The vendors had the smaller pieces priced at 8-10 CUCs (about $9-13) and were quick to lower prices if  I hesitated even a second. 

Another highlight was a trip to Williamsburg for Annie's Needlework Festival.  All three classes I took were good and someday I will actually finish the pieces.  (Of course, the friend I went with has some of the pieces put together already.)  It was fun seeing two of the women from the duClay EGA again. 

There probably won't be any stitching for me tonight as we are having some of the neighbors over to cheer in the new year.  I'll empty my ORT jar after they leave and look forward to filling it up again in  2017.  Happy new year to all of you!







 

Comments

  1. Some years definitely have more difficulties than others. I hope 2017 brings you and your family happiness and health!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some years are harder than others. I hope you and your DH have a little calmer life in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

For the Good Times

WIP Wednesday

Happy Birthday, Winter Baby