Getting Ready

Jackie posted about cleaning out her stitching bag so she can get ready for retreat this weekend.  I'm going to the same retreat, and thought I had better clean out my bag as well.  Here are the contents:
Not too bad since this is the bag I use each week for an afternoon of stitching with friends.  But take a look at that small owl on top of the green pouch.  It's from a kit to teach how to stitch on linen that I bought several decades ago from a shop that has long since closed.  It's all stitched, so what is it doing in my bag?  It is now in the "to be finished" pile and won't be going on retreat!

The rest of the things are much more current and more or less in progress and some are going back in the bag.  The kit from the Lauren Sauer class I took with the duClay EGA last fall is there and some of the ladies are going to be stitching on it again this weekend.  I'm a little obsessed with Ann Smith right now and that's in the large clear bag under the green pouch.  There's a project called "Jolly Jack" that is probably hard to see in this picture.  It could be completed on a retreat weekend, so it will go back in the bag.  There are two potential new starts that I've been carrying around, one from Plum Street Samplers and the other a Silver Needle Circle of Friends project.  It might be fun to start one while I'm stitching with friends this weekend.  I'm positive that half the fun of retreat is planning what to take!


Comments

  1. It's way much more fun planning what stitching to take than clothing! Do I see something from an Ellen Chester class project too? I think I recognize her paper hornbook. Looking forward to seeing you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always good to sort the stitching bag and lighten it. Fun to find older treasures.....have fun at your retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the contents of your stitching bag! How about a picture of the actual bag itself? Have a fabulous time at your retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes we are so looking forward to sharing our retreat with you Susan! I haven't even started going thru my stuff but have been making mental notes (need paper notes) today on what I must take and what I "might" take. I only have one challenge finish so that won't be a lot of space but I do have several WIP's on the challenge I will take too. safe travels - we'll see you soon ! Mel

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you all have a great time retreating and stitching! Good to clean out your stitching bag. Nice to find things that are ready for finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great time at the retreat. It's hard to know what to take when there's so much choice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hiya Susan..... I envy your retreat! At your leisure I want to know all about it so I can envy even more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How awesome! I hope you enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

For the Good Times

WIP Wednesday

Happy Birthday, Winter Baby