What I've Been Up To

My apologies for neglecting my blog during the last month.  I was having all kinds of crafting fun making things for the bazaar at my church last weekend.  I made tablerunners from the 10-Minute Tablerunner pattern that you can find by doing a google search for it.  They do take a bit more than ten minutes, but are super-easy and turned out to be a good seller.


I also had lots of fun making these zippered bags from a pattern from Atkinson Designs.  I also made travel pouches for pierced earrings to match each bag.  If I were doing the 101 scrap projects that Amanda Jean is doing over at Crazy Mom Quilts, the brown bag and blue bag would be scrap projects #1 and #2. 

The big hit was these wine gift bags that I made from a pattern called "All Corked Up," but I would guess that you can find a similar pattern on the internet.

This was the first year we ran the bazaar and I would call it a medium success.  For those of us who donated items, it was a lot of work, but I was happy that many of my things sold.  We haven't yet decided if we are going to do it again next year, but if we do, I hope I have more than two months' notice so that I can pace myself a little bit more in making things.  It was pretty much a production line in the sewing room for about six weeks!  In spite of that, I finished the LSU quilt for my son and it is now with the longarmer.  I got my block of the month quilt back from her and will show that in a separate post as I have lots of pictures.  The Scottish Band Sampler is also nearly done despite some setbacks with dye lots and much gnashing of teeth about substitutes for one of the silks.  Can't wait to finish it and show it to all of you!







Comments

  1. Wow! I am so impressed! You have some real skills there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lot to get done in such a short time! I've made those zipper bags. It's a great pattern and they make great gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job. My oh my, you have been busy. Looks like you are retired and now have no free time! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job...love the wine bags. Will have to search a pattern out.

    happy stitching....

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow what neat creations you cranked out for the craft fair. Glad some of them sold, yes that type of thing is a lot of work. can't wait to see a photo of your Scottish band sampler. Hope you have a great week ! Mel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your success at the craft fair. I'm looking forward to seeing your Scottish sampler

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Thanksgiving Susan. You have been busy and Robin in the comments said it well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

For the Good Times

WIP Wednesday

Happy Birthday, Winter Baby