In the past few weeks, I've settled into a bit more of a routine and I'm accomplishing quite a bit on the home front. I don't know about your house, but ours seems to accumulate piles of papers. In between lunching with friends (most of whom will, sadly, have to return to work at the end of August), I've managed to put a lot of that paper in the recycling bin or file it away. So our house is looking somewhat less cluttered.
I've also settled into a bit of a stitching routine and am usually able to work on quilting for a hour or two each afternoon, and stitching for around two hours in the evening. I have a quilt almost assembled so I'll so I hope to show that in my next post. But the star of today's post is my progress on the Scottish Band Sampler (Scarlet Letter). I'm nearly done with all those letters and the double running stitch around them.
The scalloped section below the letters is charted for eyelets. I'm not much of a fan of the eyelet stitch so I auditioned a rice stitch and a Smyrna cross (pink stitches on the left) as alternatives. The rice stitches seemed too heavy and I just didn't like the Smyrna, so I'll be doing hundreds of eyelets. Then it will be on to the flame stitch. I'm hoping to finish this one by the end of August.